Saturday, April 18, 2009

Welcome Miss "O"

We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children that makes the heart too big for the body. Ralph Waldo Emerson


I love to photograph babies, I love their baby smell, the breath, their soft skin. I would have a a lot more kids if they didn't become teenagers!

Michelle is a good friend of mine who I met online of all places. I am a computer dinosaur for the most part, and my only online relationships have been on a pregnancy and baby chat forum where mothers to be from all over the country (and a few from England and Germany) chatted about pregnancy, motherhood and life in general. I signed up when I was pregnant with Bean over three years ago. I met a lot of good friends and three years later I am still close to a lot of the ladies I "met" there. There are quite a few of us from California and Michelle was one of them! Anyway, I met Michelle on this pregnancy forum and eventually found out she happened to live closeby. It was such a coincidence, we were both pregnant at the same time, had our babies within one day of each other in the same hospital, from the same Dr's office. We also found out we both worked in the same office building separated only by one floor! All this time we had known each other online, had our babies so close together and we happened to work in the same building!

Michelle wasn't quite finished having babies yet (unlike me) and I had the honor to photograph her beautiful baby girl... Big brother "R" loves his sissy, they are so cute together!


I guess I should have at least ONE color photo... haha!









Welcome to the world Miss "O"... the world is going to be a better place with you in it!

2 comments:

Emily Heizer said...

Sweet bokeh in the first few Kim!

Wendi Schoffstall said...

That last one is perfection!!!! Michelle looks great. Awesome job.